"I've not been intimate with any High Court judges." De Lille
An anonymous former male prostitute is threatening to name all 50 men he claims to have had sex with over the past 10 years. He mentions the names of 10 prominent South Africans on his blog. They are, among others, a well-known dominee, a former Springbok wing, two entertainment critics, a famous entertainer, an actor, two fashion gurus and a member of the Independent Democrats.
"Following a raid late last night by the Scorpions and the Assets Forfeiture Unit's pre-dawn seizure of three houses, four SUVs, three luxury German sedans and a pair of moth-eaten green underpants, Independent Democrat (ID) leader Patricia de Lille and her live-in lover, Simon Grindrod, were arrested earlier today and charged by the SAPS with child pornography, assault, attempted murder, rape, theft, and defeating the ends of justice.
"We've been following De Lille's criminal activities for a long time," South African Police Commissioner Jackie Selebi told a packed media briefing at Caledon Square in Cape Town late this afternoon. "We have evidence to suggest she is linked to international gun-running, drug-smuggling, blood diamonds, anthrax production, stock manipulation, forex fraud, and Thai sex rings."
"Not to mention farm murders, child rape, carjacking, creative accounting, and smoking in a public place," he added absentmindedly.
A lack of evidence, the untimely deaths of witnesses, a retinue of high-powered attorneys, and intimate friendships with several High Court judges have frustrated previous attempts to have De Lille and Grindrod convicted of any major crimes.
Editor's note: "I've not been intimate with any High Court judges," screamed the harridan at me from the back of the van. "Not you, you dumb bitch" I muttered. "Grindrod. He's been cheating on you for years."
"With the assistance of Interpol, the FBI, and Pieter Jantjies (a petty thief and police informant from Lavender Hill) to whom the South African public and I extend our deepest gratitude, we pretty much have her on the lesser charges for which we have arrested her," the South African police commissioner told local and international journalists packing the press office at the South African Police Service headquarters, about a quarter mile from South Africa's parliament."
Sunday Times | Top Cop Nails De Lille
De Lille and Grindrod taken into custody…
The ID member's name was seen by ID leader Patricia de Lille, who saw his name on the blog. The prostitute describes in his blog how they allegedly had sex.
News24.com | Sex blog could expose 50 celebs
Indeed. This is South Africa, a harsh and unforgiving country peopled by drunks with fast cars and an exotic array of sexually transmitted diseases. Despite a life expectancy of only 45, we seldom leave good-looking corpses. De Lille is one of us and she is not long for this world. She is a criminal and she will be put down like a mange-infested dog.
Who cares? Not I. And what of the veracity of the reports now flooding the local and international media? Nobody knows. The article from the Sunday Times is probably but one example of the new lows to which our MSM will rise. De Lille, most recently the darling of white South Africans opposed to ANC two-thirds majority rule, is now painted evil, twisted and extremely bent.
"She is, after all, a politician," the editor of the Times breathed airily into the phone when I called to check on their lead for tomorrow. "Circulation's down. It's those damned bloggers. We have to do something."
Unlike the local scandal rag and being a journalist of note, renown and repute, I have no axe to grind with De Lille or her Toy Boy and will report only the facts. Like good bloggers everywhere, I will entrust the miserable woman to her fate and the even-handed Jackie Selebi, a man of unquestionable integrity and honour.
And, need I add, a Great Son of Africa.
On the blog, its author describes himself as a former male prostitute who decided to quit the industry after 10 years in which he had about 50 well-known South African clients. He says he decided to speak out about these clients because "the public is not aware of the double lives these people live".
"I serviced well-known news editors, SABC [South African Broadcasting Corporation] editors, television presenters, politicians, sportsmen, singers, actors and more ... It was rough sex and I will reveal it ALL," he writes.
Mail & Guardian | Tell-all sex blog targets SA celebrities
Well, there we go then... I didn't know of the blog till now — hence its quotation in maroon. I must say, having done fuck all for a long time and facing re-election woes, De Lille's attempt at shill is more a John Dean scream. And her hastily mustered blog conscience is exposed for what is is. They say any publicity is good publicity, but we all know that ain't so.