Dr. Amrit Chadwallah PhD. Book Now to Avoid Disappointment
Amrit, my dear fellow, thank you for pouring out your heart as you did.
You, as expected, have phatic discourse down to a 'T". We are brothers in Wealth Bondage, my friend. I too earn around $25,000, suffer the most awful toothache (I see the dentist Wednesday), owe substantial amounts to unscrupulous loan sharks, and stand no chance of stardom. Happily, my Indian cousin, my children do not suffer rickets.
I know a very good dentist in Kenilworth and, should you tell him I sent you, he will cost you next to nothing. As for the rickets, I've no answers. Perhaps it is hereditary. Who knows? Some things are beyond us and are not open to question. Then again, perhaps you disagree with me? Nevertheless, my heart goes out to you, your beloved wives, and your many children.
Amrit, you of all people? What is this talk of "decorous discourse"? I cannot fathom your reason for bringing such base diversionary tactics to bear on a subject of the greatest import. You are more than qualified to know that my post had little to do with inflammatory imprecation. It merely mirrored, in social rather than philosophical language, your impugning Sister Lucy and her task, as well as your misleading comments of the nature of Wealth Bondage.
My tendentious slanders, in which I couched points you choose to ignore, were as fundamentally groundless as your supposedly informed suppositions. In fact, and to return to the original subject, why you found it necessary to cast aspersions at one who brings light and, dare I say it—again quoting Tutor, 'grace' to Wealth Bondage, the Dumpster, and the Catacombs, is beyond me.
While I would not put fault on anyone that lives in a vault, you know better than to base your argument ("Words are all I have...") on linguistic gymnastics. It is specious to assert that Sister Lucy's prayers amount to nothing more than letters banging off the walls of WB, lending it a certain respectability. Context and 'space' must be taken into account.
Is there no gap between the whip and the crop? Does no light shine between the holes in the stocks? Is the dunking stool not raised so the seated may breathe? (Ask the Tutor about these things—he knows them far better than do we.)
Nevertheless, it is into these bright and shining spaces that Sister Lucy promises to lead us.
In short, Amrit, whether there is an inside or outside of WB is of no concern to us, because we know nothing but the lash of Mistress Candidia's tongue, the bruising boorishness of Blowtorch, the timidity of Minim, the blind-as-a-bat viciousness of McPatriot's dumbed down politics, and the occasional crumb tossed us from the Dumpster.
It is perhaps understandable that you might doubt the hope Sister Lucy brings to us, but to crush her so brutally (albeit without malice) is unconscionable for a man of your high position and standing.
Sister Lucy shows us the light inside WB. There is no need to look beyond. The answer, as it were, and as my great friend and role model Ashwin Kumar would say, is staring us right in the face. Sister Lucy is it. Our task is to open ourselves to—not an understanding or comprehension, but an accommodation of the answers to her prayers.
When we manage that, we will be in a far better position to unseat those now ruling the WB roost.
Look, should you be concerned, I will always retain you as one of my advocates. You will appear for me at the gates of Hell just as the Tutor will at the door of Heaven—I am sure to arrive at one of them and will need good backup.
As an aside, Amrit, let me put it to you this way. Some fifteen years ago, I knew an old activist whose favorite saying was "Buying a loaf of bread is a political act." I understood him well. Today, and after a week of having to deal with the forces of law and order in South Africa (there are none), I realize that a country and people that lose their religion lose their law.
Unfortunately for most Western scholars, humanists, progressive thinkers, philosophers, etc. the secular (in rite and law) remains but a reflection of the religious. And although we've taken two thousand years to devise loopholes, we've been unsuccessful in separating the two.
To mangle my activist friend's phrase, "Every act remains a religious, or an irreligious, act."
That the law is as it is in the West does not bode well for us. Religion, in a non-theocratic sense, has been driven out of town and the Jesus Freaks, or neo-barbarians, rule. In the Third World, a vacuum into which an ill-matched pot-pourri of cast-offs has been tossed in order to further the interests of WB, we asphyxiate.
In Africa, where Western economic and political institutions are adopted for the sake of expedience, the disjoint is worse. It is inverted.
Those not born of a Christian culture appear bemused by Western law and wear the uniform merely because it's convenient to do so. A case of 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do', even though Rome is in Washington D.C., a town to which the vast majority remain oblivious.
The uniform therefore is empty, and the law is as dead here as it is there.
There is little hidden meaning here, Amrit. It is as it is written. Sister Lucy is not to be doubted. Though religious, she is not a Jesus Freak or a policeman without a clue. She is one of us and she has a ticket to ride. Trust me on this.