Monday, March 27, 2006

Impropriety?

Saturno devorando a su hijo
Saturno devorando a su hijo Francisco de Goya 1819 [100KB]

I think not. Tom Matrullo, ever succinct, just gets it. The immense scope of his pithy extrapolation of a post locked in a form of 'newspaper' time frames that which is large and small, without and within.

My question to myself is why I continue to choose living here; on the border between light and dark, ever mindful of the one balancing the other.

Beyond a feeling that it has something to do with growth and survival, fear and freedom from fear, awareness, wonder, power beyond comprehension, the limitless potential of all lives lived and lost, etc., I don't really know. All I do know is that I find myself drawing graphic analogies of a Hallmark nature, the most common being that ephemeral line separating the sea from the shore, the space between the tides, the cruelty and banality of the known separated by God knows what from the mind-blowing grandeur of Every Far-Flung Thing.

Balancing, walking the tightrope, always falling but always flying, I fled the suburbs as a youth and have since lived on Main Road—that line marking where I am while pointing to where I might be. I watch, seldom participating. I'm loyal, but quiet. I'm intense, but reserved. I'm vicious, but kind, spontaneous, but impulsive. Frequently, I feel it might be better just to shut the fuck up. Still, no matter what I do, life flashes before me. It's all here, man. Like an acid trip. It takes all I have to keep up with it...

Oh good grief...I s'pose we call it blogging. Or something. Thanks Tom. I reckon we've all a healthy dose of Goya in us. 'Twas ever thus and 'twill ever be so.

One Bite at a Time


George goes shopping...
A Fistful of Dollars... [28MB download]

...or For A Few Dollars More?

from InformationClearingHouse