Of Distant Ships and Dream Twisters
'Only a matter of time 'til night comes steppin' in'
'Bird fly high by the light of the moon'
Freedom just around the corner for you | But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Bob Dylan | Jokerman
I have seen people limping soul-sick and wounded through lives of empty despair. I have felt the desolation of no alternative, choice or hope. I have known the death of dreaming and I have been skewered by betrayal.
I have seen my love letters burning on a bonfire lit in the kitchen sink, and I have seen my wedding pictures ripped, shredded and torn, left to mix it with the peelings and scrapings of dinner at the bottom of a dirt-bin.
I have looked into failure's eyes, and have had to bow beneath the weight of to its unwavering gaze.
"Hell is other people."
"I know, J-P, that's the pity of it."
Mondays. Bring 'em on.
Shedding off one more layer of skin, | Keeping one step ahead of the persecutor within.
Bob Dylan | Jokerman