Lewis Gay Dam, Red Hill
Well, I worked on the levee, mama, both night and day | I worked on the levee, mama, both night and day | I got to the river and I threw my clothes away
How many ways can one spell Warsaw? I dunno, but I reckon the Israelis ree-ally feel bad about that one. Humiliated maybe. Ashamed, if you will. I mean, if you look at Gaza, the Knesset and IDF must share the Nazi view and, as such, continue to deny every memory of the Holocaust.
Israelis, by their actions, deny the Holocaust daily. They are all David Irvings now.
Brooklands
I paid my time and now I'm good as new, | I paid my time and now I'm as good as new. | They can't take me back unless I want them to
How is it that Israelis, who profess kinship and a shared religion with those who suffered during WWII, can look back and view their antecedents as inferior untermenschen good only for labor, medical experimentation, and extermination?
For is this not what the Zionists and all who support them have been acting out for sixty years in Gaza? It's not as though war crimes being perpetrated on a massive scale in Khan Younis, Rafah, and Gaza City are new to us.
"Hey, it's election time; let's fuck up some sand niggers." We're used to it. Hell, we accept it. In fact, let's be honest, we support it. Ask Barack Obama.
Worryingly, this time round it looks more serious.
It's as though the little Eichmanns in the Knesset are hellbent on implementing their Endlösung der Arabierfrage.
If it keep on raining, the levee's gonna break | If it keep on raining, the levee's gonna break | Some of these people gonna strip you of all they can take
Bob Dylan | The Levee's Gonna Break
I look forward to quoting Dylan's Death Is Not The End come payback time. It's been running around my mind these past few days: "When the cities are on fire with the burning flesh of men | Just remember that death is not the end | And you search in vain to find just one law abiding citizen | Just remember that death is not the end."
What goes around comes around. Trust me. They call it the Warsaw Syndrome.
We've got so used to the carnage of the Middle East that we don't care any more – providing we don't offend the Israelis. It's not clear how many of the Gaza dead are civilians, but the response of the Bush administration, not to mention the pusillanimous reaction of Gordon Brown, reaffirm for Arabs what they have known for decades: however they struggle against their antagonists, the West will take Israel's side.
Robert Fisk | Leaders lie, civilians die, and lessons of history are ignored