Click to enlarge [1024x768]
Two days at Platboom, lousy weather, a howling gale, and close on five-hundred shots shots later, I get two I like — those at the top; the panorama is of Diaz Beach, on the False Bay side; last weekend's break from city life.
Click to enlarge [1024x768]
I must be doing something right...
Click to enlarge [3000x764]
My growing addiction to the place is but a pleasant spinoff.
Down here, one can sometimes almost believe overpopulation's an overrated issue.
Almost...
Note: I've trundled across the Peninsula for close on two years now. Few places remain unvisited or unphotographed. I'm filling in the blanks as I return to old haunts. Wherever I've been, I've walked sturdy, secure, and clearly demarcated paths or boardwalks built by labourers working for Table Mountain National Park.
Ostensibly, these paths — the result of often back-breaking labour, lead nowhere. Practically, they've led me everywhere, and I owe those who built them enormous thanks. I've no idea who you are — I have some idea you seldom, if ever, get to enjoy what your work gives me.