Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Ultimate Sacrifice?


Covered up

I am talking about scientific issues. If it is true, for example, that kerosene burns at 820C under optimum conditions, how come the steel beams of the twin towers — whose melting point is supposed to be about 1,480C — would snap through at the same time? (They collapsed in 8.1 and 10 seconds.) What about the third tower — the so-called World Trade Centre Building 7 (or the Salmon (sic) Brothers Building) — which collapsed in 6.6 seconds in its own footprint at 5.20pm on 11 September? Why did it so neatly fall to the ground when no aircraft had hit it? The American National Institute of Standards and Technology was instructed to analyse the cause of the destruction of all three buildings. They have not yet reported on WTC 7. Two prominent American professors of mechanical engineering — very definitely not in the "raver" bracket — are now legally challenging the terms of reference of this final report on the grounds that it could be "fraudulent or deceptive".

[...]

Let me repeat. I am not a conspiracy theorist. Spare me the ravers. Spare me the plots. But like everyone else, I would like to know the full story of 9/11, not least because it was the trigger for the whole lunatic, meretricious "war on terror" which has led us to disaster in Iraq and Afghanistan and in much of the Middle East. Bush's happily departed adviser Karl Rove once said that "we're an empire now — we create our own reality". True? At least tell us. It would stop people kicking over chairs.


Robert Fisk | Even I question the 'truth' about 9/11

"At least tell us."

He did, Fisky, he did.

Silverstein says: "I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

In short, like the towers, WTC 7 was prepped well in advance.

The operation would have been far more convincing had the towers been left standing. But those in the know were too bloody greedy. Manhattan would have been locked down for...how long? With the stricken towers looming well over 1,000 feet skywards, what would the cost have been to business and how would the politicians have been able to get the people to forget?

Yup, that's right. Politically, the past six years have been an exercise in forgetting.

The towers would've stood for years as symbols, not of American economic, military, and technical might, but as icons of USian impotence, vulnerability and greed. The economy, built on paper, would've nose-dived and a great Depression would've seen off the dollar.

For the hit to have its intended meaning, the towers had to come down.

Think about it. Like their unrelated and illegal invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, they were meant to forget the Deutsche Bank Building at 130 Liberty Street — still standing despite a 24-story gash in its side and after a five-alarm blaze swept through it on August 18.

After six years of being draped in a funeral shroud and following much bickering about money, it's only halfway demolished. A toxic stew of asbestos, dioxin, lead, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, mummified remains and over 700 bone fragments, it gives a small idea of what Manhattan might have looked like had the towers been allowed to remain upright.

It took probably no more than a couple of thousand kilograms of explosives to reduce them to dust. If you ever visited the World Trade Center (in its heyday) you'd understand how easily such chemicals could be placed under the guise of maintenance.

Why don't they pull the remaining, now-disappearing final 26 floors of the 41-storey Deutsche Bank? Too many memories, man. Too much poison. Too many people would start asking too many questions for which they already have answers they're too scared, ashamed, or guilty to admit.

They should look at it this way. Far worse has happened since. More than 1,000,000 people have died for an horrendous lie. Taking down the Bush Gang and its false-flag flunkies would mean an end to perpetuating one of the greatest crimes of our times.

To most, it's a no-brainer. To others? Eish...!

War Games!



SAS Amatola... 25 August

The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation’s (Nato) naval marine group one — consisting of ships from the navies of Canada, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal and the United States — is expected to sail into the harbour this afternoon, the SA Navy’s Commander Jaco Theunissen said.

The Nato force will take part in exercises with the SA National Defence Force (SANDF) which would include most of the SA Navy fleet, including the four new frigates and the new submarine.


The Times | Nato warships expected in Cape Town


Entering Simonstown... 25 August

Could I care less about NATO prosecuting Dubya's war in Afghanistan? Does it bother me that we're collaborating with the New World Order's proxy armies? Am I concerned that such exercises signal South Africa's increasing importance as a staging post for the Onslaught On The East?

Hell no! We've a veritable flotilla in town and I get to see each and every ship. Perhaps I'll even board them, explore their superstructures, take some decent pictures of them...

Fuck Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and the East.

Yeah...boys and their toys. I watched the SAS Amatola return to Simonstown from England Saturday morning and 're-felt' the emotions of yesteryear, returning to my home port after an extended period at sea.

A few days, three weeks, a couple of months...it didn't matter back then. I'm convinced a love of the sea can be measured by the passion with which one embraces the delights of the land. The amount of salt in our blood can be gauged by our insanity ashore, be it at home or in some foreign port.

The first thing one feels on tying up after three weeks of solitude is an overwhelming desire to get off the bloody ship. "Everything's stowed, Chief. Liberty boat's in ten minutes. We're heading for the flight deck."

"No you don't. I need..."

"Fuck you, Chief."

Sitting in the middle of the ocean, being blasted to the core by gunfire and watching, seemingly minutes later, tall plumes of water rising from beyond the horizon, one gets to dig military might. Feeling the blast of jets screaming overhead, leaving only the cracking roar of their silent passing, is a thrill beyond compare.

It's way cool. So fun, as Madame would say.

I might've watched the flotilla sailing in to Table Bay today, but I had other things to do. I had to go to the shops; get some milk, bread and smokes. That sort of shit.

But I'll be down at the harbour tomorrow. Priorities may change over the years — some things never do.

Yeah.

Note: I realise some of you might feel this entry to be extraordinarily pathetic, eminently laughable or unutterably sad. There's nothing I can do to change that. All I can say is "Don't worry. I'll recover... maybe." Our ships carry Exocets and Umkhonto missiles. We've got 76, 35, and 20mm guns...


The SABC goes overboard...

Hell, even Head of SABC News Snuki Zikalala — he of the Missing Manto Tapes referred to at the foot of the post below, has been thrown into a flat spin by NATO's arrival — unlike our more level-headed regional leadership. A former military man presently occupied full time as an embarrassingly obsequious ANC apparatchik, the understandably excited Snuki has really cocked up this time, confusing the flotilla's visit with attempts by Table Mountain National Park to curtail the high number of muggings taking place on the mountain and other high-traffic tourist spots.