Saturday, October 29, 2005

RB Welcomes the Rolling Stone

RB welcomes the Rolling Stone..."We talked until 2am as if we were simply continuing some mad conversation neither of us at this point can remember starting, which is pretty much the case. Then, too few hours later, Marek is awake needing coffee for the road, so I brewed a gallon of 40-weight and we talked for another three hours nonstop while he transferred a metric tonne of music files to my computer via some wireless network shit I didn't even know existed. Whew. Polish hip-hop, Schubert liede, British mashups of Queen and Eminem, the Second Brandenburg played on period instruments at a tempo that would have given Liszt the bends. The guy has eclectic tastes."

RB

"Three days driving. 2272 Miles, three time zones, nine states, 32 miles per gallon, 37 hours behind the wheel ... Flat Flat Flat Flat Kansas, One Oversized Load passing etc... etc... And visiting Chris Locke and RageBoy. The three of us invented Web 62.0 build 0.73 alpha. Don't worry, we'll not leave you behind in this Web 2.1 world. We are forging the new frontier of blogging. It involves visiting people after midnight. It's a great interactive feature you will not want to miss."

Marek J

That this—one of the great meetings of our time—was not blogged, is a disgrace. I know RageBoy is busy arranging a shipment of suicide vests for use when SoupSack Opera trashes Boulder, and that Marek is reconciling his laughing-sad-song-poet-of-the-winelit-night soul to the world of work, but Locke has no excuse. In high dudgeon, I reported his neglect to Father Christopher who, with due speed, promised an official investigation into his stenographer's laxity.

It's good to know somebody's willing to get things done around here. Actually, I wonder if he has a copy of that electric violin solo from Zachariah...

Forbes sucks and other observations...

Late last night, I received the above by courier. Stamped by a commisoner of oaths, it is a certified copy of a photograph of Chris Locke and constitutes his lame excuse for not blogging the above. "I was working," says he.

Yeah, right...blogging as work. There's this Forbes article you blue-cotton shirts who subscribe to the thing should read...