"...and chicks for free."
Ground Control to Major Tom | Take your protein pills and put your helmet on | Ground Control to Major Tom | Commencing countdown, engines on...
Indeed. We’re investigating Sixpack Chopra and others of his ilk here and things are turning decidedly ugly. While we dilly dally over tech trash like Google Talk, podcasting, desktop search and other trivia, the crystal gazers, lizard people, Rapture ravers, Pat Robertson, suburban voodoo children and their evil spawn are taking over the world.
One glance at Google News or Mystic Bourgeoisie should convince you of this.
If the United States, where five percent of the world’s population guzzles 25 percent of its wealth while slouching towards a Bethlehem of its making—see Iraq, is incapable of looking after its artists, spiritual leaders and bargain-basement gossip mongers, what does the future hold if not Sixpack Rampant?
Only one man can turn this evil tide.
From the Jesus Bunker beneath the Table Mesa Shopping Center in Boulder, Colorado, author, Web guru, moral crusader and all-round nice guy Father Christopher has, with his lackeys Chris Locke (stenographer), RageBoy (suicide-bombing intern), and a horde of EGR Irregulars (see also blogroll at left), waged a relentless war on the narcissistic tyranny of our ghastly new age.
War, as you know all too well, costs money. And FC, as you know, has none. Support our troops today and secure the oil reserves tomorrow, you low-rent bastards. Send your filthy lucre now!
Me? I am an African. I have nothing. In short, the spirit is willing, but the fiscus has a leak.
This is Major Tom to Ground Control | I'm stepping through the door | And I'm floating in a most peculiar way | And the stars look very different today...
Note Given my shameless tone, I thought it wise to exclude Canadian Doug Ord's site, Lear's Shadow, from this gentle request for pecuniary largesse. However, money knows no shame and Ord's work is too valuable to not be included in an appeal for spondulics to finance servers, research, writing and bandwidth.
And, uh yeah, while you're about it, why not drop Tom Feeley over at Information Clearing House and Paul Thompson at Cooperative Reasearch a couple of dimes or several thousand dollars?
Remember, without these people and countless others like them, the Web would have no value at all. We'd all be playing golf with Deepak Chopra.
"Here am I floating round my tin can | Far above the Moon | Planet Earth is blue | And there's nothing I can do."
David Bowie | Space Oddity