Anal Sphinxes
"I'm going to come out strong after my swearing in with fundamental tax reform, tort reform, privatizing of Social Security." ... "We have to move quickly, because after that I'll be quacking like a duck."
George W. Bush
A colleague today mailed me the following story, headlined Netscape Calls President Bush an Arsehole:
A Netscape employee has been fired after he changed the name tags on two pictures of the president elect and Mrs Bush to read 'arsehole.jpg'. Arsehole is English slang for the anal sphincter. The photo title, which appeared on a Netscape site co-branded with CNN, could be seen when viewers clicked on the 'properties' of the picture. The name of the photo has now been changed, to the more politically correct georgelaura135.jpg. The photo is the one which is accompanied by a headline and caption reading: 'How Bush Won the Election.' A spokesman for CNN said the image was produced by an employee of Netscape..."So what?" I responded. "As if Bush could care less. He's dumb. The world has called him President for four years and he's not seen the joke."
more...
"He's not half as dumb as you think," replied my colleague. "Close on 60 million Americans want to perpetuate the joke another four years."
Hmm... Res ipsa loquitur.
Never let it be said I offered one kind word to those who stood up to George. They were lame ducks and they were always going to lose. Dubya dealt them a beating they will not forget and every one of them ended up dead in the water.
These are dark and dangerous times and all Islamo-fascists and their sympathisers would do well to remember that when the going gets rough, the rough will do as they please. Ask Yassir Arafat. Even he congratulated George, but it did him no good. Welcome to reality, my friends. Welcome to the Season of the Goat.
Fallujah, November 2004: The Season of the Goat
"I've earned capital in this election — and I'm going to spend it for what I told the people I'd spend it on, which is — you've heard the agenda: Social Security and tax reform, moving this economy forward, education, fighting and winning the war on terror."
George W. Bush
Required Reading
Guardian Unlimited Books | The Road to Abu Ghraib [Link and idea courtesy Michael O'Connor Clarke]
Chalmers Johnson | Abolish the CIA!
Danny Dayus | Don't Be American [Read the article; leave the inane comments.]
EastSouthWestNorth | The Children of Iraq
Mark Woods | wood s lot [the fitful tracing of a portal]
Fallujah Updates from AP
More than 10,000 U.S. soldiers and Marines have taken positions around Fallujah for an expected assault, as U.S. jets pummeled insurgent targets Friday and troops blocked key roads. Iraq's prime minister warned the "window is closing" to avert an offensive. Insurgents struck back, killing one U.S. soldier and wounding five in a rocket attack. Clashes were reported at other checkpoints around the city and in the east and north of Fallujah late in the day.
more...