Sunday, April 04, 2004

Bob Dylan's Venice Shoot Fiasco

Victoria's Secret Safe for Now


"There's no way to tell by the first kiss," snarls jilted songster

Mr. Dylan's Venice shoot was not a success...
Mr. Dylan's Venice shoot was not a success...

I'm walking through streets that are dead | Walking, walking with you in my head | My feet are so tired, my brain is so wired | And the clouds are weeping...

A mustachioed Mr. Dylan, 62 years old, appears in a new television ad for the sexy chain's "Angels" line while models cavort to a remixed version of his 1997 song "Love Sick." Mr. Dylan spent two days on a shoot in Venice after Victoria's Secret approached his label, Sony's Columbia Records. The TV spot debuted this week during "American Idol" on News Corp.'s Fox, and is expected to air on various channels for about three weeks, according to Mr. Razek. The commercial, created in-house, may return in the fall, he adds. Wall Street Journal

Did I hear someone tell a lie? | Did I hear someone's distant cry? | I spoke like a child; you destroyed me with a smile | While I was sleeping...

The 63-year-old singer has joined forces with an Italian vineyard to produce a new red wine which will be called "Planet Waves" — the name of his 1974 album. ... He had already called one of his wines after a Dylan song — "Visions of Joanna" from the "Blonde on Blonde" album. It won top prize at Italy's Slow Food festival in 2001. ... "A mysteriously Dylan-esque encounter between the severity of Montepuliano and the softness of Merlot," is how wine producer Antonio Terni describes the Dylan vintage, produced in the Marches region of Italy's Adriatic coast. AFP

I'm sick of love but I'm in the thick of it | This kind of love I'm so sick of it...

Bob Dylan | Love Sick

Note For Bob according to Bob, the Los Angeles Times' offers Robert Hillburn's Rock's Enigmatic Poet Opens a Long-Private Door. Link from Expecting Rain